Friday, July 19, 2013

Life As A Ranch Wife #3


Life As A Ranch Wife #3

Bad things to say to your Rancher... 

"the cattle are out!" Rancher usually responds with a few choice words, stops what he's doing which normally is a big and important project, then before he can hang up, continue with "in the pasture" ha ha ha! He then again has a few choice words, chuckles and goes back to what he was doing. Get's em every time! 

When he calls you and needs something answer the phone, "keep it short I'm busy".

One thing that I will say has paid off for the both of us.  Before I ever had helped him back when we were just freshly dating I told him if you ever yell at me I'll quit and never help you again! Kind of to my surprise, he never has yelled at me for a mess up, ever; not that I mess up very often:). Truthfully, I think he knows what awesome help I am and he doesn't want to chance losing the awesome hand! I saw a resent Ranch Wife post in a magazine that said " Know that when you step out of the house you move from the "wife" department to "hired hand" status. Although the word "hired" indicates there will be a paycheck that you will never see, rest assured you will have job security. The price is just right. And most of the time you will be "the best help he has" even if it is because you are the ONLY help he has." 
 A joint effort in labor is fun and rewarding! But don't tell him I said that. 
     Lil Rancher in the making!

1 comment:

  1. Good call putting your foot down early about him yelling at you. My mom does this thing where when my dad yells at her she will say, "One more time, and I'm going to the mall!" That usually shuts him up. Ha! I love this series!!

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete